Here’s a list of fun background info regarding the comic:
- Set in the aftermath of a family death the tale takes our kid on his inevitable, abject, journey through the grieving process.
- Luckily the world he inhabits contains a constant array of encouraging beacons to guide him through the dark times; these are all the vibrant characters and details that create and symbolize our culture of the wooden toy.
- The collaboration with Jon Horner was initially sparked by a shared disquiet regarding the Frankensteinian biomechanoid feline nightmare that is Orville the Cat Helicopter.
- The gulls are our reminder to be realistic. No matter how nice we’d like life to be, life is, as the great orator Nasty Nas has explicitly stated, a bitch.
- If you’re trying to come up with a big word to describe the PB comic and you hit upon “phantasmagorical” then give yourself a round of applause because seriously, that is a fantastic word.
- The good folks at Thrasher Magazine were kind enough to print the story over the course of a year or so.
- This edition of the Comic is for sale here and also here.
- In the unlikely event of any profit being generated exactly half will be sent to Jon.